PULSE – 3 parts – each 3 minutes – loop – b/w – 2019
Video-work – and/or – installation
Experimental video – showing a monumental architectonical landscape – time/light/movement
meant as a meditation moment in a world full of images. The work could be shown on 3 screens, next to one another.
It would be fantastic to show the 3 parts next to one another on a wall in a dark room
As a Belgian artist, I have been working in Berlin since 1998 after having lived in the Netherlands for twenty years.
After completing a visual arts degree (sculpture and installation) in The Hague, I studied at the Academy for Visual Arts in Rotterdam.
In 1988, I moved to Berlin. This move has had a major impact on my work: it has expanded into the ﬁelds of photographic, slide, light, and video installations.
Along with these activities, I have been working for ﬁve years as a Guest Professor at the Berlin Universität der Künste.
Between 1999-2002 Guest Professor at the HISK, Antwerp
My videowork can be seen as a perception of/ reaction to/ spaces, light, time and movement. Meditative, slow, poetic works alternate with works in which image and sound are transformed into dynamic choreographies through the use—and misuse—of montage techniques. The works are, for preference, shown as large-scale projections or distributed among a variety of monitors. They respond to the viewer and to the space in which they are shown.
My passion for space and architecture that characterises my installations and videowork is implemented the last years in art-in-public-space-projects. In the most of these realised interventions, light and movement play a predominant role.
- 2018 Muzeum De Mindere – St. Truiden – permanent video-installation
- 2018 MuzeumL – Roeselare – enscenering – multimedia (www.muzeuml.be)
- 2017 Celibataire Divas – Hasselt – video-installation
- 2016 Colours of the Sky – Galerie De Mijlpaal – Knokke – foto-installation – neonsculpture
- 2015 Kunstlicht/Lichtkunst – Hofke van Chantraine – Turnhout -video- and light-installation
- 2015 Glassworks – Galerie De Mijlpaal – Heusden-Zolder – neonsculpture
- 2014 Bloed – Alden-Biezen – interactive lightinstallation- displays
- 2012 High Voltage – Galerie De Mijlpaal ism Manifesta – interactive neonsculpture
- 2011 _het ligt in jou_ lightinstallation Julianapark Schiedam (NL)
- 2010 into the light – lightinstallation KMSKA – Antwerp (B) ism Error-One, Muhka and KMSKA
- 2010 in-gewikkeld – Hasselt- multimedia-installation
- 2010 bewogen – CC Tervesten -Beveren – multimedia-installation
- 2009 plaatsen/lieux/spaces/orte – CC Kortrijk – video-installation
- 2009 In-Between “the intimacy of space”– multimedia-installation